2.11.2010
Deep thoughts.....
Post Edit-I was thinking about my last post just before I fell asleep and I thought about the differences between the experience I had with Amy compared to Heidi. Heidi's was a breeze. She went in just before her birthday, sat down, smiled, had it done and then cried a bit. We got ice cream, and it was done. What made me ponder was how different my kids are from each other. A good thing, but a challenge to a parent. I believe as a parent, we have a big responsibility to raise our children so they are happy, confident, well adjusted kids. But, with the dynamics of your children being so different, we have to learn what each individual child needs, and react to them individually. What a huge task that is!! I have really learned this with my two girls, they are total opposites of each other. Heidi is confident, loves people, makes friends easily, and loves to help out. Amy, very shy, loves people, but the shy thing stops her from doing it a lot, and it takes bribery or threatening to get her to help. Amy also has anxiety issues that I am starting to realize. I am grateful that my girls have their own personalities, but as parents, what a huge challenge it is to learn how to raise them with these different personalities. What I thought was nice about this experience was that both girls had the same ending. Just very different path to get there. I just hope that the more I learn about my kids and their personalities, I will have the ability and confidence to teach and lead them so they will arrive on the same ending, happiness, but that I have the willingness to change and adapted to get them there. Deep thoughts happen in my head, just before I fall asleep. Some nights it is a challenge.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
After I had Christian and Braeden came along I thought they would be the same-BOY was I WRONG. It's nice to realize we are all different and have different needs. I love each and every one of my unique kids-and I love that they are all different-they make my family complete. Thanks for your thoughts.
SO true, I can't believe how different they are!!! Autumn is stellar student, loves schoold, reading math, super out going and bossy. Easton is shy, loves recess, loveable, and mostly just chill! Eli is just a mama's boy... Such a challenge to have so many diffrent personalties in one house and to keep harmony! But, a fun challenge at the same time, there aren't very many dull moments!
I know what you mean Trina and you are doing a wonderful job with them. I too find myself with four different personalities and they area all different from each other. How special it is that we get wisdom on how to deal with each child. You are a great parent.
Bedtime is my best problem solving time. I hate it...prevents me from getting good sleep because my mind goes 90 miles an hour.
Anyway, thought provoking post. You are doing a great job from the sounds of it. Keep up the good work.
That's my best time to think things out too. I find that once I think I have something figured out with one child, they change and I have to figure them out all over again. It's constant detective work and it's sometimes exhausting and sometimes it's fun. My sister and I are exact opposites of each other too - but we love each other dearly and we both have similar goals in life - just different dispositions.
Post a Comment