4.23.2010

Heidi’s Birthday

Heidi’s birthday is three days after mine. Hers is way more fun to celebrate!! She turned eight this year. So hard to believe!! I have an eight year old. We celebrate friends birthdays every other year, and this year it was a friend party. Heidi, being the social girl she is, invited 16 people to her party. It was great. IMG_9067

I had to think of a theme that would encompass a wide variety of ages and boys and girls. So, we did a mystery party. I had so much fun planning this one. What I decided to do was have the kids be detectives. We set up a game where there were two groups, and 10 clues for each group that lead them to the mystery box. I tried to use different types of clues to get them to various areas of the home and neighborhood. IMG_9095

They even had to visit some neighbors house. They loved running around and solving the clues. We started the games with a big game of memory.

IMG_9084

Once the solved the memory game, on the back of the pictures, was their first clue as a puzzle. They had to put the puzzle together to read their first clue.

IMG_9121

Then after the game, we opened presents and the had cake and ice cream. IMG_9124

We really had fun!! Happy birthday big girl Heidi. We can’t even imagine our family complete without you. WE LOVE YOU!!!

1 comment:

Kim said...

You are AWESOME! That looks like such a fun game!