After downloading some pictures the other day, I went back to look through when Alex was first born. As I found the pictures I was looking for, I about feel off my chair. What stunned me was not Alex, it was Kelly. In 8 months time, I lost my little "baby" girl and didn't even realize it. It took the pictures for me to see what was staring at me every day. What have I done?? I feel like I have missed so much of Kelly growing up I was almost crying. It made me realize that I needed to pay more attention to her. I have been so caught up with Heidi going to school and helping her with homework and reading. I also have been helping Amy with preschool and on occasion doing preschool a few days a week every seven weeks. Then of course there is Alex, who is constantly needing me to feed him, hold him, change him, etc., etc., etc. Poor Kelly has been lost in all of this. I know it is hard with 4 kids and all, but it is so unfair to Kelly for me to not pay attention to her like the others. I am grateful that I found these pictures to help me realize this. The last couple of days I have stopped to pay more attention to Kelly. I didn't even realize how well she is speaking now. She says full sentences and loves to sing songs all the time. I have also tried to read to her more, and sing with her. This time with these young kids goes by way too quickly and I feel as the role of a mom, I really need to get my butt in gear and do better at my job. I have made a new goal to spend more one on one time with ALL of my kids. Unpacking has been put on the back burner for now, my kids need me and I for sure need them!
This was the picture that almost made me fall off my seat. Only eight months ago.

This is the picture that I compared her to. What a huge difference!!!
2 comments:
That is a great goal! I wish you well with it.
As a middle child myself, I can appreciate what you are saying. While not intentional to "overlook" her, it does happen. Good for you for taking note.
It happens to all of us Moms at some point in our lives, but to recognize it and so something about is a good thing and they will appreciate it. She is so sweet.
Post a Comment