8.31.2009

Kindergartner

It has finally arrived!!! Amy went to Kindergarten today. It is so hard to wait a whole week for it to start since her big sister has been to school all last week. We had a count down going and the day finally arrived. Amy woke up this morning asking when it would be time to leave for school, this continued almost every 10 minutes until it was time to get ready. I was so happy that she was so excited about going to school. The first days of preschool did not go smoothly for my sensitive little girl. There were big huge tears and screams when it was time for me to leave. Those are hard moments for moms, and I was really hoping that kindergarten did not start off this way. THANK HEAVENS IT DID NOT!! We really prepped Amy for this day starting a few weeks ago when I started to notice signs of her anxiety. We talked about what would happen, my mom talked to her about what would happen, and her sister told her all the cool things that you can do at school. The prep work paid off. No tears and lots of smiles. She even rode the bus for the first time today without a hitch. That was my anxiety. I was really nervous that she would miss the bus, or not even get on because she was too scared. Heidi met Amy at her classroom and took her right to the bus and she loved it. Yeah for big sister Heidi being there to help out.

We are so proud of Amy. She is so smart, sweet, fun, loves to laugh and giggle. Her art work is amazing. I do think we have an artistic child on our hands!! She loves colors. Hence her backpack. When she saw it at the store, I knew that was the backpack for her!! One funny thing I noticed when I dropped Amy off at school, she is one tall little girl. There was a girl there that was also being dropped off at the same time as Amy, and Amy had, no joke, at least 6 inches on the kid!! It was really funny to see. On one hand it is hard in some ways to see your kids grow up so quickly, but on the other hand, YIPPEE!!! We love you so much Amy. Congrats on starting school. You will be amazing.

My big kindergartener!!
Her amazing and colorful backpack. Perfect for Amy.

Beautiful!



7 comments:

Denise said...

Yeah---no meltdowns. Kindergarten is such a great way to start school. Way to go Amy, I couldn't help but notice her long legs-that's where all that height comes from. What a cutie.

Fun Family Times said...

I am glad to hear that it went well. She is so cute!

Michelle said...

I can't believe Amy and Will are already in Kindergarten! We wish you were still at our school though. I'm so glad the first day went well!

Chulitamaya said...

She is one tall girl, Tristan is probably about 6 inches smaller too :) I hope she loves school and learns lots and lots.

Thomas Family said...

I love her backpack, it is so vibrant and colorful. I am sure she has a personality to match!

Becky said...

Yay Amy! I can't believe how fast our kids are growing up.

KT and Lance said...

They do grow to fast don't they! Crazy!

Your family is so cute...I can't believe how big they are!

Oh, and I'll hire the little mechanic any time!