I kind of figured people wanted to know what Eric is up to now. Well, lots of things!! First off for those who don't know this, Eric is working in Roosevelt Utah for a trucking company. Yes, the rest of the family is still in Layton. So, needless to say, it can be a challenge. But, with trials and challenges there are also lots of blessings. There have been a lot of blessing that have come from this. First, lots of peace. This was the right decision for us to make right now, and it feels good to know that. I also know that we will be blessed and helped during this time because we listened and prayed about it. Second, we have steady income. Plus we will get health insurance for an amazing price. This is a wonderful thing!! Third, I have learned to rely on others for help. That may not sound like a blessing, but for me it is. I have a really hard time with this. But, along with serving others, we need to let people serve us. So, I am still learning how to do this, so be patient with me :). Last, but certainly not least, it is strengthening my marriage. When you don't see each other for a while, you really miss them and realize how important they are to you. What happens is that Eric works 5 days on then 3 days off, then 5 days on, 2 days off. He comes home when he has 3 days off. But lately he has been coming home on all his days off. I am certainly not complaining!!
So here are some pictures to let you know what Eric is doing right now. Basically, the truck company is a water service company that services the oil drills in the area. So, Eric gets called out to pump water out of the drills, then pump clean water back into the drills. It varies how many he does a day, depending on location. His first spot was us in the mountain range and it took him all day to get there and back. Most of the other trucks that were there got stuck, expect him. He works almost 70 hours a week. Great overtime and lots of extra money.
So this is our life right now. I honestly don't know where this will lead us, but I know it will lead us in the right direction. I am truly grateful for guidance and following the promptings of the spirit. I know without it I would be lost.
Here is Eric with one of the water trucks he drives.
He looks like a trucker, doesn't he? :)
This is one of the oil rigs he services. This big tower is where the drill bits are that go into the ground and dig out the oil. They are HUGE according to Eric.
This is the cabin that he stays in. It is located in Bluebell Utah. About 30 min outside of Roosevelt.




14 comments:
Wow! When you said in your prior post that you "missed him" I was wondering where he was. What an intense job--for him and for you! Single momming it, (especially with a baby in the mix) more days than not, takes a great deal of stamina and patience. You're right to focus on the blessings over the inconvenience and separation. Hang in there!
I didn't know. It is always a challenge to be a single mommy...it is amazing the strength that you find within yourself. I agree you seem to progress and become much stronger when challenges and trials arise. Good luck to you and call if you need anything. Hang in there!!
Hey, I am always the last to find things out!! You call me if you need anything....I can make late night store runs for you anytime.
I am a good babysitter too, ask Becky!
Sandy
I think there is nothing better than that feeling you have even when you are struggling with something, the peace you have because you know it's the right thing to do. Good luck.
When we went to Vernal this past summer, we were amazed at the amount of drilling going on there. Most of it you don't see from the main roads, but you sure see tons of trucks hauling oil and other things all over the place.
Also, the hotel prices in the area of very high. We learned this was because of the oil industry renting out so many rooms. We stayed in the KOA Kampground and a good portion of the RV area has oil company workers living there in trailers and 5th wheels. It was crazy!
Well, I am glad you have been able to find the blessings in your trial, because I am not sure I would be strong enough to handle the situation. You go girl!!
I know we are not in the same situation, but I understand how it feels when everybody else thinks your decisions are not the right ones, that is up to you and our Heavenly Father. I know that you guys will be blessed because you are a great family, a very strong family. I admire you for the courage to do this with your family and for the support you give him, I only wish that I could be there to help you out. Hang in there!!!
Hang in there...I'm sure this will lead you to bigger and better things! Thanks for the backpack, it was wonderful, i'll drop it by in the next couple days.
Hey, thanks for sharing.. I had wondered where he was the last couple of times I saw you in church. Hey I am a great grandma - so if you need the kids to go somewhere while you run errands, please holler!!!!! Would LOVE to help out .... Hey what are blogging and facebook buddies for anyway - to rely on each other ((hugs))
I think he's the nicest looking truker, I have ever seen.
My hubby is only gone for tonight and I barely had it under control with the kids so you are amazing to do it by yourself full time. It seems like the last few times you visited your mom's house it hasn't worked out fot the kids to play but please know that I will help you with them anytime.
You are a saint Trina! I've always thought that! It's amazing how things work out. You just have to keep that faith alive, and do what the spirit tells ya too! Your right about Eric looking the part!
Great cabin... I will have to tell Eric that I am jealous of that part, but the rest of it doesn't look like too much fun to me!
Trina/Eric, this is Lance, hope all works out with Eric's job. No doubt that things will, he works way too hard for things not to. Roosevelt looks a lot like Las Cruces, NM. I just hope that we have a lot of rabbits, coyotes and javelina for me to shoot when I'm not chasing down crazy vatos locos. We have a guy going to Spokane and I get so jealous because he is only an hour away from prime bear hunting! Take care
Trina/Eric, this is Lance, hope all works out with Eric's job. No doubt that things will, he works way too hard for things not to. Roosevelt looks a lot like Las Cruces, NM. I just hope that we have a lot of rabbits, coyotes and javelina for me to shoot when I'm not chasing down crazy vatos locos. We have a guy going to Spokane and I get so jealous because he is only an hour away from prime bear hunting! Take care
Post a Comment