9.13.2008

So Proud

Kelly is in a new phase of life right now, she is a copycat. She will repeat everything you say. My favorite is when I am yelling at the girls for doing something they shouldn't be doing. She will stand with her hands on her hips and yell the exact same way that I am. "Hiee Binham", "Amee Binham", then will say the last word that I just said. It makes me laugh and then I am usually not as mad at the girls.



Well, last week, was a classic. My sister Merideth came over to run some errands with me and some that she needed to get done too. Heidi happened to be out with Eric at the time, so we had Amy, Kelly and Alex with us. Merideth drove in her Toyota to the various destinations we were headed to. At the end, we decided to make a Wendy's run and order our dinner. Merideth is hard of hearing and wears a hearing aid. She hates to order take out over the intercom because she can't hear what they are saying most of the time, so she asked me to place the orders. As I was leaning over Merideth, yelling into the intercom placing our orders, we could hear Kelly saying something, but was not paying too much attention to her. Well, we finally realized what she was doing. She was placing her order, just like me. She was leaning forward in her car seat, yelling at the lady on the other end. "FRY", "NUGGA", "ROOT BEERA". I am so proud that my, not quite two year old, has learned how to place an order at Wendy's.

4 comments:

Kawa Rangers said...

I can't believe how big she has gotten. That is so cute. I love when kids start talking a lot more like that. They always say things you don't expect them to.

Michelle said...

Isaac is in the repeating phase too, but he only repeats what Will says, which is not always a good thing.

The Bingham's said...

Oh, aren't we the lucky ones ladies. These fun two year olds!!!

G and G (Victor/ Cindy) said...

What a cute story!!! - And all of those Bingham kids are so CUTE!! thanks for sharing -- can just imagine her leaning over and shouting her order.... =}